The Framed Picture

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Not a skip

So as for a less exciting post than the others I will write from the Adam Scott library. This is the second period of the 18th day of April and I have a canceled class. It's such a shame that the cancledness of the class couldn't hold off for one more day. If it were as mentioned I could've gone out for lunch with my sister. I think I'll give her a call but I believe she's on lockdown, a shame. The other half to the previously mentioned female portion lest for the west coast today. She's off to go plant some trees. Little does she know that I have a summer job that requires me to pull them out of the ground. For this weekend I'll be pulling away logs and such at a friends cottage. I hope I have no assignments due for the Monday.
Speaking of which today is Tuesday isn't it? Today I get to go to track and throw around weights till my shoulder feels lie it will fall off. It's always a good time. As par usual I fell the need to waste time doing nothing and writing on my blog. Perhaps I'll get Jess to edit my story. But before I leave I have another story for you. It came upon me yesterday...

Yesterday I left the house after coming home from track practice. Much to my own bafflement I left without eating. I was mad. This particular day I had been throwing like a two year old with no technique and the coaches definitely noticed it. For the life of me I just couldn't get it right. When I came home I decided to vent my frustration on the two wheeled aluminum framed bicycle of mine. I was already tired but I didn't want to be grumpy around the rest of my family. I left for a park that's about 7km down the road. Lots of hills to go up on the way. I got there without too much trouble and I had started back about a seventh of the way home I had a sugar dive. This particular phenomena doesn't happen to me often but with 6km to bike and no energy to do it with my frustration intensified at my increasingly daunting task. As the bike progressed I found myself panting and on the verge of collapse. I strengthened my will and decided to knock on the door of a nearby house. A cup of juice would do my just fine till I got home. Even to put sugar in my water and shake it would be satisfactory. As it turns out I met a caring old couple who gave me dates and a cup of tropicana. Feeling monumentally better I set home with a renewed vigor and arrived about 40 minutes later. It was bordering 9 o'clock when I began to feel better. I thought long about the couple that could spare some dates to a fellow who just had the courage and the need to ask. Funny world we live in.


-Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home